With an understanding of the need for Pennsylvania families to secure
child care options this summer, the Wolf administration today issued
frequently asked questions to provide guidance to parents, summer camp
operators, public bathing places, part-day school-age programs, and
other entities that provide necessary child care and enrichment and
recreational activities for children and youth during the summer months.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health issued the FAQs that include guidance on:
• The types of summer programs for children and youth permitted to operate during Gov. Wolf’s phased-in reopening plan.
• Additional requirements for summer programs operating in counties in
yellow and green phases beyond what is required by the CDC guidance for
youth programs and camps.
• The summer programs operating in counties in yellow and green phases
that are permitted to operate fully indoor, fully outdoor, or a
combination of indoor and outdoor.
• Group sizes for summer programs that are permitted to operate in counties in the yellow phase.
• Requirements on staff and youth face-coverings in child care and
summer programs permitted to operate in yellow phase counties.
• Enrollment restrictions on summer programs in counties in yellow or green phase.
• Status of public playgrounds during the phased reopening.
• Status of organized team sports during the phased reopening.
• Operation of public bathing places and community pools during the phased reopening.
• Operation of camping, campgrounds and group camping separate from organized summer camps for youth.
• Status of Department of Conservation and Natural Resources facilities during the various phases of reopening.
The FAQs are available at