Grant funding has been awarded this month by Foundations Community Partnership’s (FCP) board of directors to benefit 17 Bucks County nonprofit organizations and the local families they support.
The grant program is an integral part of Foundations’ mission to improve the lives of underserved youth and their families in Bucks County.
The grants included 12 Bucks Innovation and Improvement Grants (BIIG) and six Capital Improvement Grants.
BIIG grants support organizations that are developing innovative ideas to improve the quality of life for children, youth, and families in Bucks County. Capital Improvement Grants support nonprofit organizations’ capital campaigns, including structural improvements to facilities, renovations, durable equipment, and technological upgrades.
Bucks Innovation and Improvement Grants (BIIG) were awarded to the following organizations and programs:
- The 9-11 Memorial Garden of Reflection will use the grant for a revitalization project.
- Bucks County Children’s Museum will use the grant to fund a second-year program that teaches children to explore their world, making it the optimal time to introduce children to S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, art & math) content.
- Centennial School District will use the grant to extend the hours and capacity of the Workplace Readiness and Community-Based Instruction vocational training program.
- The Family Service Association of Bucks County will use the grant to duplicate the successful Bristol Family Fest for Quakertown. The Family Center serves as a resource for low income families.
- Grand View Health Foundation will use the grant to support their Safe Sleep Books for Babies Program, which provides books and sleeping clothes to encourage safety for infants.
- Hands Holding Hearts Grief Counseling Center will use the grant to subsidize grief counseling.
- Lily’s Hope Foundation will use the grant to provide customized packages to families with infants in the neonatal intensive care unit with items based on the family’s needs.
- Maternity Care Coalition will use the grant for a research-based nurturing parenting training program.
- Network of Victim Assistance (NOVA) will use the grant to fund The Restoring Families Program (RFP), which provides treatment services for youth ages 10-14 years who are exhibiting problematic sexual behaviors.
- Roxy Therapy Dogs will use the grant to fund a project that will provide advanced training to improve the skills of therapy dogs.
- Snipes Farm & Education Center will use the grant for the Farm-Based Life Skills and Employability Program for special needs teens and young adults.
- Transformation Yoga Project’s Connecting for Community Wellness will use the grant to provide yoga and mindfulness training for the staff and residents of a drug and alcohol residential facility.
Six organizations received Capital Grants:
- The Coalition to Shelter and Support the Homeless will use the grant to purchase a 15-passenger van.
- The Conservatory will use the grant to improve the Business Technology program.
- Grand View Health Foundation will use the grant to acquire new translation software and devices.
- Mercer Museum of the Bucks County Historical Society will use the grant to fund “Toys, The Inside Story Traveling Exhibition.”
- Operation Pathways will use the grant to purchase capital items and make improvements to the community center at Foxwood Manor.
- Penndel Mental Health Center will use the grant to replace the roof on old residential building.
Foundations Community Partnership has awarded over $5 million in grants and scholarships in Bucks County since 2007. Foundations Community Partnership is a philanthropic grant-making foundation supporting the behavioral health and human service needs of children and young adults in Bucks County. Foundations Community Partnership provides grants and technical assistance to nonprofit organizations, awards scholarships to Bucks County high school seniors, subsidizes service learning internships for college students, underwrites community education programs and supports behavioral health education and research.