Get our newsletters

CB Save the Music Concert set at Holicong Middle School


“Elements of Music” is the theme for the 21st CB Save the Music Concert, taking place Friday and Saturday, Jan. 26 and 27 at Holicong Middle School, 2900 Holicong Road, Doylestown.

The CB Save the Music Concert, which raises funds for music education, is organized by Joel Chodoroff, Holicong band director; Jim Glaser, Holicong choir director; Jennifer Repper, Holicong orchestra director; Amanda Romig, Holicong special education teacher; and Ian Sanchez, Tamanend Middle School choir director.

Started by educators in 2004 as a way to show students what could be achieved musically with hard work and practice, it has grown to become a two-day, three-concert event that sells out the Holicong auditorium. “At a time when bringing our community together has never been more important,” organizers noted, “over 26,000 community members have attended a CB Save the Music Concert.”

While the main performers are adults, students also lend their talents to the concert event. This year, students will perform during the shows as follow:

– 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26: Central Bucks West Orchestra, Tohickon Jaz, and select members of the Central Bucks East, Central Bucks West and Central Bucks South Chamber Choirs

– 3 p.m. Jan. 27: The All-Star Elementary Choir

– 7:30 p.m. Jan. 27: Holicong Strings and Holicong Jazz

Holicong H-Factor and Tamanend Gold’n’Blues will perform at all three shows. Holicong Robe Choir and Tamanend Chieftain Chorus members may perform in the Friday night show and/or Saturday night show.

Proceeds benefit the Save the Music Foundation, which partners with school districts and local communities to build sustainable music programs.

Funds raised from the CB Save the Music Concert have helped over 2,000 students nationwide receive music education, with $357,000 having been donated in instruments and equipment.

This year, 10% of net proceeds will stay in the Central Bucks School District to help provide “scholarship instruments” for students in need. The other 90% will go to the Save the Music Foundation and will once again be targeted for the School District of Philadelphia.

Sponsorship, partnership and donor opportunities are available.

For information, email To purchase tickets, visit

Join our readers whose generous donations are making it possible for you to read our news coverage. Help keep local journalism alive and our community strong. Donate today.