The village of Tradesville grew up at the intersection of Bristol and Lower State roads, between Castle Valley and Eureka, on the Doylestown-Warrington Township line. Nearby is Mill Creek, a tributary of the Neshaminy, where a gristmill operated from 1842 to 1900 (demolished in 1906). For many years a general store on the Doylestown Township side of the village was also a profitable business.
The village was first known as Stuckert’s Corner, so called from the name of an early storekeeper. In 1854 the name was changed to Tradesville. A post office was established in 1881 but was discontinued before 1914. In the mid-20th century, the Mill Creek Parent-Teacher Association was active in supporting the 1928 Mill Creek School located to the southwest on Pickertown Road.
At the crossroads of Tradesville today, a gas station operates where the country store once stood. Across Lower State Road, extending along Bristol Road, the townhome community of Doylestown Walk is being constructed. A road project has also begun to replace the culvert carrying Lower State Road over Mill Creek. The overpass (which currently carries an average of 7,632 vehicles a day) was built in 1907.
Lower State Road will be closed and detoured until completion of the project in early April, but local access to the village of Tradesville will be maintained up to the construction zone.