Owned by Frank Schultz (1908-1984), the Vogue Shoppe occupied stores in both Doylestown and Perkasie in the 1950s and 1960s.
Vogue specialized in the sale of bridal and formal wear. A 1963 advertisement in Bucks County Panorama magazine featured shop manager Jewel Renner modeling brides’ and bridesmaids’ dresses. In the photo, “Jewel models a bridesmaid’s gown of brocade taffeta with a belle skirt. Gown $29.95; Headdress $5.95; Gloves $2.95.”
The Vogue Shoppe in Doylestown advertised its location on Monument Square as 4 E. Court St. Today’s street addresses at that site are 2 E. Court St. (a brick façade, built in 1951) and 6 E. Court St. (white stucco façade, occupied by Primo Hoagies). The Vogue Shoppe must have been in the space now designated as 2 E. Court St., currently occupied by offices.