The stream known as Pine Run is a tributary of the Neshaminy Creek, part of the Delaware River Watershed. The Pine Run rises from a pond near Landisville in Plumstead Township, passing through Buckingham Township, Doylestown Township and New Britain, meeting with the North Branch of the Neshaminy in the Borough of Chalfont.
• The Pine Run watershed has been the focus of stormwater planning for over 40 years. As part of the development of a stormwater management plan, a dam was built to help to reduce the impact of flooding on downstream communities. Behind it formed a large reservoir located between Ferry Road and Sandy Ridge Road in Doylestown Township. A plaque along the bike/hike trail running through the watershed states that the 30-foot high “floodwater retarding dam” forming a 39-acre lake was constructed in 1973 by the Counties of Montgomery and Bucks and the Neshaminy Water Resources Authority.
• Further downstream in New Britain, the Pine Valley Covered Bridge (also known as Iron Hill Bridge) has spanned the Pine Run since 1842. It is a “town truss” style bridge and measures 81 feet in length. Rehabilitated in 2003, it is the second-oldest covered bridge in Bucks County and is on the National Register of Historic Places.