The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) reminds
customers beginning today any customer in need of an appointment for a
skills test, including motorcycle skills tests, may now schedule online
by visiting www.dmv.pa.gov
or by contacting the PennDOT Driver and
Vehicle Services Call Center at 717-412-5300.
The skills test has been modified to mitigate potential exposure of
PennDOT staff and customers while maintaining the integrity of the
testing process. The following enhanced safety measures for
non-commercial skills tests will continue and the following safety
protocols will be in place:
• PennDOT staff will remain outside the vehicle during the entire skills
test. The test taker and accompanying driver will remain in the
• In yellow phase counties, examiner will conduct basic health
pre-screening of applicant. If applicant is displaying any COVID-19
symptoms, test will not be administered. There will be no pre-screening
for customers in green counties.
• All customers and accompanying drivers must wear appropriate face masks during testing.
• Examiners will be required to wear appropriate personal protective
equipment such as masks, gloves, eye protection during the exam.
• Examiners will utilize iPads during the administration of testing,
which will be routinely disinfected using wipes or spray sanitizer.
PennDOT-Authorized Third Party Testers are also available for
non-commercial testing. For a list of PennDOT Authorized Third Party