Main St. (formerly Pine2Pink), the experience-based, community-driven nonprofit dedicated to local breast cancer patients is set to the launch its sixth year.
The 2023 fundraising season is set to kick off at the end of September and last through the month of October. Main St. can be found in many areas across Bucks County, including New Hope, Newtown, Doylestown, Perkasie, Peddler’s Village, Carversville, The Thompson Car Dealerships, Shops at Valley Square in Warrington and new this year, Dublin Town Center, in Dublin.
The nonprofit has had tremendous success inspiring local Bucks County residents and the business community to give through inventive ways that directly support local breast cancer patients in treatment and recovery. The beneficiaries of this year’s fundraising efforts will be Bucks County breast cancer patients cared for at Fox Chase Cancer Center in Buckingham, Grand View Hospital, Doylestown Health, and Kin Wellness and Support Center.
Main St. offers people multiple ways to get involved and participate in fun and engaging ways. Thousands of lights will turn pink from streetlamps to storefronts, museums, municipal buildings, car dealerships, shopping malls and people’s homes. Seventy-one stores and restaurants will participate in the nonprofit’s “Shop, Eat and Drink Pink” program where special Main St. items will be sold with a percentage of sales going to Main St. The Main St. free app uses “augmented reality” to create an interactive scavenger hunt, where over 150 virtual “hugs” will be hidden across Bucks County. Using smartphones people will capture the hugs for prizes including gift cards, experience-based prizes, signed hockey gear from the Flyers, and 14Kt yellow gold earrings from Carroll Jewelers valued at nearly $1000.
This year Main St. will either host, or be the beneficiary of, 14 events including:
– Sept. 28: Sign and Shine Launch Celebration at Thompson Toyota, from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
– Sept. 30: Main St. at Doylestown Farmers Market, from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
– Oct. 4: Ardana Food & Drink (Warrington) will host a exclusive wine pairing dinner to celebrate Main St. (ticketed event) only 45 tickets available for this event, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
– Oct. 6: Main St. will have a table at Perkasie First Friday Event, from 6-8 p.m.
– Oct. 11: Main St. Luminary Launch & Awards Presentation at Fonthill Castle, from 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.
– Oct. 12: Newtown will host a Light the Night Pink block party on State Street and Mr. Bucks County Pageant, from 6-9 p.m.
– Oct. 15: Buxmont Riding Club Benefit Show, from 6-7:30 p.m.
– Oct. 19: Joli Boutique will host a Sip and Shop and Fashion Show, from 6-8 p.m.
– Oct. 26: Fox & Holly Speakeasy Gala at the Peddler’s Village event space from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (this is a ticketed event)
– Oct. 27: Training for Warriors Doylestown will host Night of the Living Deadlift and Trunk n’ Treat, from 5-7 p.m.
– Oct. 9: Garage Barre Fundraiser at 10:30 a.m.
– Oct. 21 and 22: Sun Dog Yoga donation classes and sound healing, 8-10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
– Oct. 27: Barre3 Doylestown’s Halloween Bash, 5:45 p.m.
– Oct. 30: TP My House (a legal fundraising mischief night) people are invited to toilet paper the founder’s house 6–9:30 p.m.
In addition, Both CB East and CB West athletics programs will host dedicated Pink Out games for Main St.
More events will be added, so visit the Main St. website.
The 2023 Main St. Presenting Sponsor is The Thompson Organization. Official Main St. sponsors include Stone Hill Contracting, Minford Foundation, Ardana Food & Drink, Archetype/YachtCFO , Training For Warriors (Doylestown), C&N Bank, UPS (Doylestown), Poolside Services, The Shops at Valley Square, McCaffrey’s Food Markets, Dublin Town Center, Barre3 (Doylestown), Evolution Candy, Delaware Valley University, Sun Dog Yoga, Britt Around Town, Doylestown Float Studio), Tempus Cards and Gifts, Pieces, The Pro Shop Newtown, Peddler’s Village, Beauty Marx, Black Bass Hotel, Golden Pheasant Inn, Langan Engineering, Sandy Strong, Giovanni’s Fine Fashion & Custom Clothes, Countryside Framing, Ned’s Cigar Shop, Up In the Air Balloons, Nat’s Pizza, NORD Bread, The Learning Experience, Hendrixson’s Furniture, Doylestown Farmers Market, Alan Reed Salon, Affordable Home Fuel, Road Quest Logistics LLC., Bagel Barrel, Fox & Holly, Fit Momma Training, Lace Silhouettes, UPS (Buckingham & New Hope), Club Pilates (Doylestown and Newtown), Nina’s Waffles, Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Garage Barre, Buxmont Social Media, Dumack Engineering, Klatte Orthodontics, The Caketeria, 4 The Love of Thingz, Main St. Salon & Spa, Erini, Trail Electrical Services Inc., Marshall Financial and Lotus8.
Visit the website to donate or participate in community events at www.welcometomainst.org. Donations can also be made via check, made out to Main St. and sent to P.O. Box 307, Doylestown, PA 18901.