The nationally historic Stover-Myers Mill has opened for tours from noon to 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through October, with special milling dates of Aug. 11, Sept. 1, 15 and 29, and Oct. 6 and 20.
Built in 1800 by Jacob Stover, the mill produced wheat and rye flours, corn meal, live-stock feed and lumber during its 150 years of operational history. Flour production ended by 1920, but feed was made into the 1950s, and the rare “up and down” sash mill operated also into the 1920s.
Originally powered by a waterwheel, turbines were later installed, followed by a steam engine around 1880. An electric motor is currently used on demonstration days until remaining restoration work is completed. On those days, corn will be milled with the original millstones and transported in a restored elevator.
On view throughout and around the four-story building are three sets of original millstones, turbines, sifters, grain cleaners, a corn sheller, bagger, elevators, gearing, sack hoist, storage bins, sections of the roller mills and the sawmill.
The mill is located at 400 Dark Hollow Road, Pipersville, one mile east of the intersection with Route 413. The ground floor is handicap accessible. Admission is free, with donations accepted. For information, call or text 267-337-0955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org