Get our newsletters

Accidental ignition of propane leak caused Buckingham house explosion


Investigators have determined an accidental ignition of a propane leak within the basement caused the explosion Tuesday of a house at 4356 Biddeford Circle in Buckingham.

The investigation was conducted by the Buckingham Fire Marshal and the Buckingham Police detectives. The explosion at 9:41 a.m. Tuesday completely destroyed the primary home. No one was home at the time of the explosion, and there were no injuries.

Midway Volunteer Fire Company was dispatched to the explosion. Upon arrival, the fire company found the home destroyed with a large debris field around the home. There was no active fire.

Buckingham Police, Point Pleasant Fire Company and Central Bucks Emergency Medical Services assisted during the response. Assisting on the investigation were the Philadelphia Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Arson and Explosives Task Force and the Bucks County Fire Marshal’s Office.