Electronics on the mend at Dtown Tech
Blake Lertzman was tired of corporate America.
So he decided to do something about it. On the urging of a friend, he opted to start his own business.
“I’ve been doing it (fixing computers) for about 15, 16 years,” Lertzman said. “I was looking for something where I could be self-employed while doing something I really enjoyed. A buddy of mine said, ‘Why don’t you just open up a computer shop?’ And one thing kind of led to another, and this spot opened up.”
Dtown Tech was born. At 20 E. Oakland Ave., Doylestown, Lertzman’s brainchild has been running strong for two and a half years, he reported.
“We have, knock on wood, a very good business here,” Lertzman said.
Although Dtown Tech isn’t huge – the store is less than 400 square feet – it’s adequate to fulfill Lertzman’s clients’ needs. The owner generally asks residential customers to bring their broken inventory to the shop. He and his assistant, Tony Forliano, who boasts nearly a decade in the craft of fixing computers, will travel for business-related issues, but the bulk of their time is spent at Dtown Tech
“It’s a real laid back environment,” Lertzman said. “We don’t like to tell people ‘no.’ It’s always, ‘I’ll try.’ We don’t charge anything to look at computers. We only charge if we fix it and you say it’s okay. There are no hidden fees. We’re not charging $100 to tell you your computer is broken. Obviously, your computer is broken because you’re standing in the store.”
Dtown Tech isn’t only a computer-repair shop. Lertzman and Forliano are more than happy to tackle other gadgets, as well. While Lertzman estimated that computers constitute 70 percent of his workload, the other roughly 30 percent is iPhone troubles.
“We do full Mac and PC repair; we do iPhone repair,” Lertzman said. “We do computer upgrades, custom-built computers. We buy and sell, trade electronics. We’re a one-stop mom and pop type business.
“The objective when I opened the store,” he continued, “was to be like the corner hardware store where everyone came and everything got done reasonably, and there was always a ‘yes’ answer and there was nothing we couldn’t do.”
Lertzman praised Dtown Tech’s customer service.
“We have a nice volume and a really good customer base,” the Doylestown resident said. “We keep it really simple. I don’t want to be a big corporate outfit with tons of employees. We like to interact directly with the consumer.”
He added: “We’re constantly repairing things for people. We’re doing upgrades. We custom build machines for them.”
Lertzman couldn’t be happier with his career choice. He and Forliano are the perfect team to handle your electronic issues, Lertzman said.
“We’re two young guys who get it done real fast,” he concluded. “We have a fast turnaround time and better pricing than anywhere else.”
Call 267-463-6673 or 215-909-TECH.
Copyright ©2013 Bucks County Herald, Inc. All rights reserved.